“I will hold Abellio and Network Rail to their promises and make sure Chelmsford Commuters get the real improvements we need.”
Chelmsford train users have suffered delays and over crowding for many years. This has to stop. Thanks to the work of the Conservative MPs for Chelmsford, Colchester, Ipswich and Norwich and the Great Eastern Main Line Task Force there are significant plans under construction.
- The new Crossrail trains have started to run from Shenfield. These bigger trains will help reduce overcrowding between Liverpool Street and Shenfield, making more space for our journeys from Chelmsford
- The remodelling of Shenfield station due to Crossrail and the track and cable improvements between London and Chelmsford. These will all improve reliability.
- The £1billion upgrade of all rolling stock is due come on line from 2019 to 2020. This will significantly reduce the number of delays due to the old and obsolete trains and carriages which regularly break down, and will deliver a 40% increase in seats
- Free high quality WiFi on all new and refurbished trains, and at every station
- The delivery of a new railway station at Beaulieu Park. I want this to happen by 2022. This is a long promised vital resource for those living nearby and will also significantly reduce road traffic coming into Chelmsford.