The Government’s 10 point plan for a Green Recovery will turn the UK into the world’s number one centre for green technology and finance, creating the foundations for decades of economic growth.
- Increase offshore wind capacity so it can power every home by 2030
- Turn water into energy with up to £500m of investment in hydrogen
- Take forward our plans for new nuclear power, from large scale to small and advanced modular reactors
- Invest more than £2.8bn in electric vehicles. This will allow us to end the sale of new petrol and diesel cars and vans in 2030...
- Have cleaner public transport, including thousands of green buses and hundreds of miles of new cycle lanes
- Work with researchers to deliver a zero-emission plane. And we will do the same with ships
- Invest £1bn next year to make homes, schools and hospitals greener, and energy bills lower
- Establish a new world-leading industry in carbon capture and storage, backed by £1bn of government investment for clusters across the North, Wales and Scotland
- Harness nature’s ability to absorb carbon by planting 30,000 hectares of trees every year by 2025 and rewilding 30,000 football pitches worth of countryside
- Our £1bn energy innovation fund will help commercialise new low-carbon technologies, like the world’s first liquid air battery being developed in Trafford, and we'll make the City of London the global centre for green finance.